The Mandalorian Coin Ingot Display - 3D Print

0
I recieved a collective ingot from The Mandalorian Disney+ TV Show. I don't like the stand that comes with it because it's very "classic". Thinking on how I can do something with my printer to put the ingot i remembered that I already have a coin from the same show and decided to do something to put them together.
This is a remix of Miketastic - Beskar Ingot with Damascus Pattern to display my Mandalorian ingot and coin. It's printed with Silver Silk PLA in vertical position without supports.

3D Modelling

I tried to edit the original model using SketchUp, but when I try to import the STL it generates too much edges, distorsions and errors. For that reason I decided to try Fusion 360.
It was the first time for me using that program and was difficult to figure out how to do it properly. 
To make it simpel, I made two holes adding a solid and using the diference function and added an small piece to maintain the ingot/coin in a good showing position. The final result was pretty good.


3D Printing

I printed it vertically because I want a great finish on the damascus pattern.
I dind't try it but if you want more weight, you can print it hollow and the fill it with ball bearings with glue, sand or whatever you want.

These were my printing settings using Cura Slicer 4.13:


Download

You're able to download this model on Thingiverse, Cults3D, Thangs and Creality Cloud if you search "The Mandalorian Coin Ingot Display" or following the following links:

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)