Opel Logo

Unknown
0
My first owned car was a 1998 second hand Opel Vectra B. When I entered the world of 3D design one of the first models I made was this Opel brand logo in order to be able to practice different concepts.
I recently had to sell my car and as a tribute I decided it was time not to lose it altogether and that is why I printed the frame logo with my 3D printer.
I am very happy with the result and that is why I am sharing it with you. I hope that if you like the brand or have never owned an Opel you value this detail as much as I do.

This is a 2002-07 Opel Logo made in SketchUp and rendered with Twilight Render.

3D Modelling

I modeled this logo using SketchUp about 7 years ago from a real image of the object and drawing the lines above the image. I used straight lines and mostly curves.
Once I had the overall drawing of the object in 2D, I extruded the different planes to give it volume.
Finally I adjusted the thickness of the top layers to give it the inclination that the circumference has.
Right now it’s not a very complicated process for me, but it took a lot of work at the time.
The model is rendered with Twilight Render as you can see in the previous video and the photo below.

3D Printing

I printed it flat, as it is the most logical way to do it.

These were my printing settings using Cura Slicer 4.13:
  • Printer brand: Creality
  • Printer: Ender 3 Pro
  • Rafts: No
  • Supports: No
  • Resolution: 0.12
  • Infill: 5%
  • Filament: SUNLU Metal Silver Silk PLA
You can see a video with the diferent parts of the printing and the final result here:

Download

You're able to download this model on Thingiverse, Cults3D and 3D Warehouse if you search "Opel logo" or following the following links:
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)